Esteban Molina Estolano
Esteban Molina-Estolano received a Master’s degree in Computer Science in 2011.
He worked on scalable simulation of parallel filesystems with Carlos Maltzahn, in collaboration with Los Alamos National Laboratory. Before coming to UCSC, he completed a B.S. in Computer Science at Harvey Mudd College.
- Esteban Molina-Estolano, Carlos Maltzahn, Ben Reed, and Scott A. Brandt, “Haceph: Scalable Meta- data Management for Hadoop using Ceph,” in Poster Session at NSDI 2010, San Jose, CA, 2010.
- Carlos Maltzahn, Esteban Molina-Estolano, Amandeep Khurana, Alex J. Nelson, Scott A. Brandt, and Sage A. Weil, “Ceph as a Scalable Alternative to the Hadoop Distributed File System,” ;login: The USENIX Magazine, vol. 35, no. 4, 2010.
- Milo Polte, Esteban Molina-Estolano, John Bent, Scott A. Brandt, Garth A. Gibson, Maya Gokhale, Carlos Maltzahn, and Meghan Wingate, “Enabling Scientific Application I/O on Cloud FileSystems,” in Work-in-Progress and Poster Session at FAST’10, San Jose, CA, 2010.
- Esteban Molina-Estolano, Carlos Maltzahn, Scott A. Brandt, and John Bent, “Comparing the Performance of Different Parallel File system Placement Strategies,” in WiP at FAST ’09, San Francisco, CA, 2009.
- Esteban Molina-Estolano, Maya Gokhale, Carlos Maltzahn, John May, John Bent, and Scott Brandt, “Mixing Hadoop and HPC Workloads on Parallel Filesystems,” in pdsw09, Portland, OR, 2009.
- Esteban Molina-Estolano, Carlos Maltzahn, John Bent, and Scott A. Brandt, “Building a Parallel File System Simulator,” J. Phys.: Conf. Ser., vol. 126, no. 012050, 2009.